Have you bought the new Netgear EX3700 extender? Are you ready to enhance your current WiFi network? If that is so, you need to perform the Netgear EX3700 setup. However, it could be a little intimidating for the first-timer. So, having the right knowledge is crucial to perform the setup process perfectly.
This article covers two different Netgear EX3700 setup processes. Go through the following points to choose the right setup process. Make sure you don’t skip the article. Rather, move slowly to know the tips hidden in the points. Keep reading.
Netgear EX3700 Setup Using a PC
- Plugin your computer into the electric socket.
- Turn the power supply on.
- Press the power button on the computer.
- Get the Netgear 3700 extender out of the box.
- Attach the antennas to the extender.
- Explore the right location to place the extender.
- Once settled, plug the extender into the circuit board.
- Furthermore, link the Netgear EX3700 and the router.
- Turn to your computer and open the web browser.
- Enter the mywifiext in the address bar.
- To connect the Mac device, enter mywifiext.local.
- When the login page opens, enter the default login details.
- With a successful login, you get access to Netgear Genie Wizard.
- It is where you follow on-screen instructions.
- Get through the steps to finalize the Netgear EX3700 setup process.
As you can see, you need a working computer and an active internet connection. In case you don’t have a computer, worry not. In that case, you should use your mobile phone.
For the second setup method, check out the below-mentioned points. Read on.
Netgear EX3700 Setup Using a Mobile Phone
- Switch on your mobile phone.
- Download the Nighthawk app.
- Get it from Google Play Store if you have an Android phone.
- Otherwise, iOS users can have the app from the Apple store.
- Unbox the Netgear extender.
- Assemble the antennas before starting the process.
- Check out the ideal location to place the extender.
- Plugin the extender into the electric circuit.
- Press the power button on the extender and the power supply.
- Connect the Netgear router and extender.
- Turning to your mobile, open the downloaded Nighthawk app.
- Log in to the app using the default login credentials.
- After that, you get access to the Netgear Genie Wizard.
- Follow till the end to complete the Netgear extender setup.
Using a Nighthawk app is a fairly easy method in comparison to using a computer. So, make sure you use the second alternative method to do the setup.
Tips to Do the Netgear Extender Setup
- Use an updated web browser on your computer.
- Make sure the internet connection is stable and strong.
- Get rid of physical interference surrounding the Netgear extender.
- Always check if the cables you are using to connect devices are of good quality.
- In case the wireless connection is not reliable, switch to the cable connection.
- Connect to the Netgear_ext network after the extender setup is complete.
Using a Netgear extender ensures you enjoy a strong and stable WiFi connection throughout your home. This means you enjoy your favorite things while staying in your comfort zone. Moreover, with a reliable internet connection, you can focus on your work and enjoyment.
Moreover, there will be no more internet dead zones in your house. The placement of the extender is of great value. So, you should get rid of unnecessary things placed around the extender. Don’t place it in the corner. Rather, choose the central location to ensure the WiFi signal reaches every corner of the house.