If you want to install a Netgear extender, then use mywifiext web address and default login credentials. However, to secure the extender from potential threats, it is suggested to change the default Netgear extender password. But, what if you forget the extender login username and password? A big thing to worry about! This might stop you from connecting to Netgear_ext and accessing the internet on your devices. If you don’t want to bump into all such bothersome issues, you must have back up of your Netgear extender.
In this article, we will guide you on how to backup and restore your Netgear range extender on the fly.
But hold on! Before you reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, it is suggested to take the backup of all the customized settings of it. Also, it is very important to make you aware of the fact that the factory reset process erases all the personalized information, data, security settings on your Netgear device including username and password.
So, it is important for you to take the back of all the extender’s customized settings. Here’s how to do so.
Instructions to Back up Netgear Extender
Before giving you a nudge on the instructions to back up your Netgear WiFi range extender, let us first define you the term “backup”.
Data backup is the process of saving all the important data on your smart devices like PC, laptop or mobile in order to avoid any loss. If you have the backup of your data, there is no need to get tense about losing it.
So, without much delay, use the step-by-step instructions provided below to take the backup of various extender settings like username, password, Netgear Genie login details, etc.
- First things first, power on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Bear in mind to place your Netgear extender and router in close proximity.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned 2 steps, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your devices with each other.
- Now, power up your computer or laptop.
- Connect the device to Netgear_ext.
- Open a web browser as per your liking on the connected device and type www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 IP.
- Hit the Enter key and you will be taken to the Netgear extender login window.
- Here, enter the extender’s default username and password into the given fields. Once you’re done, click Log In. If you have changed the extender’s username and password at the time of its configuration, it is advised to use them instead of the default ones.
- Netgear Genie login page will display.
- Locate and click on the Settings option.
- Reaching here, click on the Backup button.
- Save the changes.
Kudos! You are done with the backup of your Netgear WiFi extender.
Now, let us make you familiar with the process of restoring the data of your Netgear WiFi range extender, shall we?
Steps to Restore Netgear WiFi Extender
You can restore all the customized information and settings of your Netgear WiFi extender with a simple press of a button. Here’s how to restore the data of your Netgear extender. Scroll down a little!
- Turn on your Netgear extender.
- Connect the extender to router either wirelessly or using an Ethernet source.
- Then, on your desktop or laptop.
- Access the extender login page using www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 IP. To prevent mywifiext.net not working and login-related issues, do not use the browser’s search bar for entering the web or the IP address.
- Press Enter to get redirected to extender login window
- Once you are logged in successfully, navigate to the extender’s settings page and locate the Restore button.
- Reaching here, select the Backup file > Browse button.
- Click on Save and then Yes button.
- Your changes will be saved.
Your Netgear range extender settings are successfully restored. Kudos! You are all set to use them.
The Bottom Line
That’s all folks! This is all about our article to back up and restore your Netgear WiFi range extender. In the event that you find any difficulty while executing the backup and restore process, you are free to drop a line in the comments section.